Drug Development Attorney
Hyman, Phelps & McNamara, P.C., the nation’s largest boutique food and drug regulatory law firm, seeks an attorney to work with our drug development team. The attorney will assist our clients secure FDA approval for new drugs by leveraging our legal expertise of the approval standards in the FDC Act and implementing regulations to overcome potential regulatory or scientific impediments. The position affords the opportunity to participate in product development strategy at the initiation stage and to navigate the drug through the FDA regulatory process.
Strong verbal and writing skills are required, as well as a detailed understanding of FDA and the regulatory process. Ideal candidates will possess a scientific background, such as a masters degree or higher in a hard science. Candidates must be members of the DC Bar or eligible to waive in.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. HP&M is an equal opportunity employer. Contact Anne K. Walsh, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Under direct supervision of the Administrator, the Human Resources Generalist facilitates the day-to-day operations of the firm’s Human Resources Department including workforce planning and employment, human resource development, benefits and compensation, employee relations, and risk management.
- Observes confidentiality of firm and client matters.
- Observes confidentiality, integrity, and objectivity of professional standards and code of ethics in the human resources.
- Oversees adherence to EEOC guidelines; sources, screens, and interviews candidates for all open staff positions.
- Maintains accurate and complete personnel records. Ensures that rules concerning confidentiality and retention are followed.
- Monitors legislation affecting human resources laws and regulations, and updates firm Administrator to ensure compliance.
- Develops and updates job descriptions.
- Assists Recruiting Director with summer associate, associate, and of counsel recruitment.
- Plans and conducts all new hire orientation.
- Prepares and maintains employee handbook and policies and procedures manual.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Assists with annual performance evaluations.
- Performs benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Manages the firm’s internship program; supervises high school and college interns.
- Coordinates with Accounting on all personnel/payroll information.
- Updates HRIS and Time and Attendance database using ADP Workforce Now.
- Monitors staff attendance and generates monthly leave reports.
- Assists in development and revision of firm policies and procedures.
- Participates in Business Continuity Planning and Crisis Management.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation.
- Plans, coordinates, and implements special firm events throughout the year, including Staff Appreciation, Anniversary and Holiday parties, Summer Event, 10 Year Dinner, among others.
- Liaises with vendors and other external partners (benefits, event planning, recruiting, etc.)
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Three years of experience in human resources. Thorough knowledge of laws affecting human resources administration. Law firm or professional services experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to read English and write at a business level using proper English grammar and appropriate vocabulary for a professional services firm.
- Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of attorneys and staff and to provide information with professional courtesy and tact.
- Excellent organizational, planning, and project management skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/priorities in a deadline-driven environment.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Commensurate with experience. Excellent benefits package.
How to Apply
Apply online by going to https://careers.jobscore.com/careers/hymanphelpsmcnamarapc
The staff of Hyman, Phelps & McNamara, P.C., is a diverse and dedicated team who work together to provide outstanding support to the firm’s clients. We offer a collegial work environment where employees’ efforts are recognized and valued.